As I strive to be a better man I’m learning to say the right things to my wife. It’s easy to say the wrong thing – we as men do it all the time, but it becomes WAY more difficult to say the right things.
- Every morning I wake up and let my wife know that I love her: Yeah, it sounds simple, but when life starts to happen it becomes easy to forget.
- You’re smart, confident, and beautiful: By saying this regularly it builds security, affirmation, and confidence in her. I also tell my son this same thing pretty much daily. The only change is hansome.
- I was wrong, I’m sorry, will you forgive me: I want Sarah to know that I’m man enough to admit when I’m wrong. I want her to see that I’m not to good to say that I’m sorry. And that I always seek forgiveness right away.
- So, is this what your saying? I want Sarah to know that I hear her, respect her, and I value what she has to say.
- How can I be a better man for you and our family? I want her to know that I’m striving daily to be the man she and our family deserve.
- I want to spend more time together. What do we need to do to make this happen? I want Sarah to know that our time together is special to me. And, I want Daniel to see that we love and value one another.
- What do you think about this? It’s important to me that I include Sarah in my decisions because everything I do affects her and our family. I never want her to feel like she isn’t a part of what I do.
- Can we sit down and go over our family financials? I try to be intentional about how we manage our money as a family. I want us to be secure first and then plan for the lifestyle and future that we want to have.
- I’ll take care of this or that so that you don’t have to worry about it. This could mean taking care of our son so she can focus on school or something else. The key is that it shows that I support her dreams and goals.
- Call me anytime: I like Sarah to know that I’m always accessible and there for her to talk to. If I’m in a meeting or something I usually will step away and take her call or try to call her right back.
How about you? Are you saying the right things to your wife?