What do you want to be great at? For me it’s a husband, father, and then entrepreneur.
After my family, I want to be great at starting companies, providing jobs, and changing the world. To do that, I felt that I needed a set of rules to live by.
I use this list for myself and for the startups that I decide to get involved with.
This is a short list of things I work hard to hold myself accountable for…and those that I decide to partner with.
1. Be disruptive and visionary.
2. Go big or go home
3. Build your network through relationships
4. Plan for the next 5 minutes and for the next five years
5. Be flexible
6. Persistence pays off
7. Get your product to market fast and early
8. Seek honesty in everything
9. Stay hungry and humble
10. Be everywhere all the time everyday
11. Culture is the lifeblood of everything you do
12. Break these rules
What does your list look like?