A true entrepreneur who loves building stuff is not in it for the money – this is definitely a by product of building cool stuff, but money is not the primary driver. If it is, then you are not a true entrepreneur.
Every great entrepreneur I know wants several things and making money is not number one.
So, why do we as entrepreneurs do what we do; travel the world, spend time away from our families, sacrifice pretty much everything, and take the risks that others are unwilling to take?
It’s simple really. I’ll give you 8 reasons to start:
1. We love building cool stuff and watching it turn into something – think of a house starting out as an idea and then becoming a place where a family is built.
2. We love working with other entrepreneurs who share our same passions. There is nothing like a couple of entrepreneurs coming together to brainstorm how they can disrupt an industry or take a crappy product and make it better.
3. We enjoy solving a problem that makes the world a better place.
4. We appreciate the freedom to be creative with no restraints. Everything is a go.
5. We hate when people tell us what to do. Our lives are not conventional.
6. We get fired up when we hit key milestones and make progress against an idea.
7. We want to be challenged or we lose interest and want to move onto other things.
8. We want to constantly be learning new things that stretch our minds and make us grow.
How about you?
Why do you as an entrepreneur do what you do?