It’s Monday, you had a killer weekend, and now your ready jump into your week building cool shit. But, before you do, I have 5 things for you to consider:
Illustration courtesy of: Mile Square Studio
1. Can you summarize your startup on the back of a business card? People are busy. They don’t have much time. You need to be able to sell them quick. I don’t care if it’s a customer, a partner, a co-founder, or an employee, you need to sell them quick. Don’t complicate things. KISS.
2. Don’t waste time chasing after small markets. Why? Life is to damn short to work your ass off for something small. Disrupt. Be a game changer. Go after large existing markets poised for rapid growth.
3. Spend time understanding who your customers are. Build personas, ask questions, interview people. You ultimately want to figure out what customers will move fast and pay top dollar for a unique offering.
4. What is your focus? Figure it out. Don’t waste time trying to be everything to everyone – you will lose. Build a simple product with a singular value proposition and sell the shit out of it.
5. Delight. Delight. Delight. If your customers aren’t delighted with your product, you need to either pivot or start over. It sucks to lose all this time, energy, and money, but it will pay off in the end.
That’s what I have for today. Get after it and keep doing what you love.