I found out about this on Tumblr a few weeks ago and I’ve been wanting to share it. A San Francisco dancer named Brian ‘Lil B’ Perez and his friends came up with a game to constrain their cellphone use when they’re out having dinner. The purpose of the game was to get people off their stupid phones and engaging in conversation.
I think the idea is brilliant! It can also be used with family, co-workers, your wife, and random meetings – that is if you’re frisky enough to throw this game out there at random meeting. I say try it and see what happens! What’s the worst thing that can happen someone says, that’s a stupid game”, and get’s up and leaves.
I’ve started playing this game with friends and family and it’s a riot! Give it a try and have some fun with it! If anything, it will spark up great conversation about technology and how it impacts our lives today.
Here are the rules to the game:
“Don’t Be A Dick During Meals With Friends.”
The first person to crack and look at their phone picks up the check. Hell yeah, I totally dig this!
1) The game starts after everyone has ordered.
2) Everybody places their phone on the table face down.
3) The first person to flip over their phone loses the game.
4) Loser of the game pays for the bill.
5) If the bill comes before anyone has flipped over their phone everybody is declared a winner and pays for their own meal.