A great man and leader who continues to inspire me and push me to be better, stronger, and faster is a man and friend by the name of Jon Gordon. Jon is a speaker, consultant, and author of several best-selling books. Thank you Jon for all that you do!
In his book “Training Camp” he challenges people with twenty ways to get mentally tough. I’ve taken these and turned them into questions that I believe everyone should be asking themselves daily.
- When you face a setback how do you look at it, as a defining moment that will lead you to a future opportunity or horrible thing that just wrecked your life?
- When adversity smacks you in the face, do you just face it or do you embrace it knowing that it’s not a dead-end but a detour to something bigger and better?
- When you face negative people do you allow them to tear you down or build you up?
- When you face naysayers do you remember all the people who believed in you and spoke positive words of encouragement to you?
- When you face critics do you remember to tune them out and focus on being the best you can be?
- When you wake up in the morning do you take a walk of gratitude and prayer?
- When you face fear do you trust in your faith and let it be greater than your doubt?
- When you fail do you find the lesson in it?
- When you head into a battle do you visualize success?
- When you are thinking about the past or worrying about the future, do you instead take the time to focus your energy on the present? Jon Gordon says, “the NOW is where your power is the greatest”.
- When you go to complain about something, do you stop yourself and instead find a solution?
- When your own self-doubt crowds your mind, do you weed it out and replace it with positive thoughts and positive self talk?
- When you feel distracted, do you focus on your breathing, observe your surroundings, clear your mind, and get into the zone?
- When you feel all is impossible do you remember that with God all things are possible?
- When you feel alone do you think of all the people who have helped you along the way and who love and support you now?
- When you feel lost do you pray for guidance?
- When you feel tired, drained, and ready to give up, do you remember to never, never give up?
- When you feel like you can’t do something, do you remember that you can do all things through him who gives you strength?
- When you feel like your situation is beyond your control do you pray and surrender?
- When you are in a high pressure situation and the game is on the line, and everyone is watching you, do you remember to smile, have fun, and enjoy every moment?
What questions are you asking yourself daily?