If you’re not already using Evernote it might be something you should try. Really, you should try it. Don’t do this because I told you to, but because it will change your life.
I signed up for it about 2-3 months ago and and it changed my life! Getting things done, staying organized, and making things happen started to become a breeze after using Evernote.
If you are new to Evenote and wondering what to do with it, here are a few thoughts and ideas:
- You can use Evernote to capture all your thoughts and ideas.
- Either take notes right inside of Evernote or take a pic of your notes and add them into Evernote. Note: You can do this from anywhere with any device.
- See something you like and want to make a note about it? Just add it into Evernote.
- Need a place to write your book and keep all your ideas, outlines, etc. Evernote is the best place to do that too. Truth.
- Having trouble organizing all your blog posts and ideas? Just setup a a new note.
These are just a few ideas to the millions of others that are out there. The best way to work with Evernote, at least for me, was to get in there and get my hands dirty. It’s totally worth it.
Once you have all your ideas into Evernote. Here comes the coolest part. How about being able to access them on any computer or any device that you use at anytime! This sold me. Especially when I am always out and about running around.
Have I sold you yet? If so, here are a few simple things that you can do to get started:
- Right at the top of the app you will see something that says “New Note”. Click on the button and start taking down an idea, task, or whatever else you would like.
- Try out the web clipper and save a webpage inside of Evernote. You will need to install the Web Clipper into your web browser to make this work.
- Maybe you just white boarded something and you want to put it inside of Evernote. All you need to do is download the app, take a photo, and upload the photo to Evernote.
- Something else that is cool, Evernote will automatically make the text in your snapshots searchable! Make sure you check this out.
- Go nuts with it! Take some notes, save a few images, create to-dos, and view PDFs.
- Try accessing your notes from any computer, phone, or other device you might use.
- Try emailing a note to your Evernote email address.
- You can save Twitter messages by following @myEN
- Take a few photos or use your existing ones and import them into Evernote.
If you don’t like Evernote, I will give you your money back. Wait it’s free! Just one more reason why Evernote is one of the greatest things since sliced bread. I hope you take the time to try it out. I did and I am thankful.
Discussion Question: What do you love about Evernote?