How many of us need to be more like Mother Teresa? Talk about a woman on a mission! She was a Catholic nun of Albanian who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta, India in 1950. Ministering to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, she guided the Missionaries of Charity’s expansion, all throughout India and into other countries.
Photo Courtesy of: Creative Commons
How many of you live in fear? Whatever the fear, you should do it anyways. The way you overcome fear is by doing things anyways. Think of the last time you were in fear. What happened? Did you turn away and give up or did you do it anyways?
Doing things anyways is not easy, but you should do it anyways. People who do things anyways go on to achieve great things. You want to achieve great things right? Then do it anyways.
Things are going to get tough, as they always do. What are you going to do when things get tough? How about looking to Mother Teresa, feeling the fear and doing it anyways.
Mother Teresa wrote the following verses on the wall of the home for children in Calcutta, India, and are widely attributed to her. Some people even say they were written on the wall in her own room. Today, these words are popular worldwide and they express the spirit and which we should all live our lives.
The verses also seem to be based on a composition originally by Kent Keith, however much of the second half has been re-written to be more spiritual and alive.
Here are the verses:
1. People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
2. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
3. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
4. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
5. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
6. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
7. The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
8. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
9. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
What power in these words! I can see why Mother Teresa put these words on the wall as a constant reminder as to how everyone should want to live their lives. It is going to get tough and you will face fear, do it anyways.
Question? Please comment below.
What things do you do anyways?