Are you living the dream? I am living the dream.
I believe if you’re not dreaming, then you’re not really living. Few people can say that they have lived their dreams. This is saddening to me.
Photo Courtesy of: Creative Commons
In fact, I would bet that more people than not when asked if they have lived their dreams would get pretty quite, maybe give you some lame excuses, and change the topic quickly. Why? Because they feel they haven’t done their best to accomplish their dreams.
Dreaming is easy, and the good news is, you can start right now. Just make sure when you dream, you don’t let your dreams get stuck in procrastination.
Every person should dream and not just dream, but dream big, because the moment you stop dreaming is the moment you stop living and you start dying.
My parents would probably say that I was a dreamer from the day I came out of the womb. If I could have talked, I probably would have shared some crazy dream of changing the world.
Dreaming is a big part of my wife and I’s life. We believe that the day we stop dreaming will be the day we are dead. When asked, “How are you doing” My wife and I like to say, “living the dream”. I know it’s kind of corny and all the kids say it these days, but it’s the just the truth.
Here is why you should start “living the dream” too.
1. Dreaming is what drives our daily lives. What would life be without dreams, but a boring lame life? Dreams are what get us out of bed in the morning and drive us to keep working so hard. If it weren’t for dreams, why even get out of bed.
2. Dreaming allows you to go after something in your life. What starts out as a dream, becomes the ambition to go after it and make it a reality.
3. Dreaming gives you the boost you need to keep going. When the going gets tough, the thing that will keep you going is dreaming. Without dreams, you just might want throw in the towel and give up.
4. Dreaming gives you a different perspective on the world and life. People who dream, live different lives than those who don’t dream. Dreamers go on to change the world and non dreamers go on to continue changing their underwear.
5. Dreaming allows you to see where you’re at. Often times people who don’t dream have no idea where there at in life. You can see these people floating through hoping that someday things will change on their own. When you are a dreamer, you tend to know exactly where you’re at, because in-order to go far and big you have got to know where you’re at.
This might be the day you decide to stop dying and start dreaming. It doesn’t matter how old you are, what you’ve been through, or how you feel, you can start dreaming right now where you’re at. The only thing I would tell you, if you are going to dream, dream big, set goals, and go for it.
Discussion Question: Are you living the dream?