Lately, I have been watching people and listening to stories of pretty serious unremarkableness. After a few months of this, I have begun to think about the difference between people who live, and people who are living. I wonder which one you are.
Photo Take From: Creative Commons
See, I have lived both sides of this. Looking back, there have been times that I was not living, I was just alive. Barely breathing, I would make it through the day wondering if it were ever going to change. There have also been times in my life, including today, that I am living loud and clear. What changed? Me.
Let’s take a look at someone who is not living, but alive.
- Get up in the morning, take a shower, brush their teeth, go number 2, and head out the door for work.
- Work all day while yawing and thinking inside the lines.
- Come home after work depressed and sit down on the couch.
- Watch TV and eat until they start to feel tired.
- Go to sleep and wake up to do it all over again.
Sadly, there are millions of people who live this way. Believe me, I’ve been there. And you just may be there too. This is a wake up call for you. Drop everything, head into the bathroom, look into the mirror and change your life, because the one where you are barely alive is not working for you or anyone else.
After experiencing much of this, I hate seeing people sit and waste away such a beautiful life of existence, when God created you for so much more than food, a couch, depression, and lots of sleep.
Now, let’s take a look at someone who is living.
- Get up, pray, smile, look outside with pure thankfulness, eat a healthy breakfast, and head out the door.
- Work in place with people who give them energy, are passionate, and love their life.
- Come home after work with a smile, give their husband or wife a huge kiss, tell their family they love them, maybe get a nice work out in, and have a nice meal with the family.
- Maybe take a walk or create something awesome.
- Smile some more, maybe read a book, tell their family they love them again.
- Go to bed with a sense of peace and blessing.
There are also millions of people who are living this way too. People who are passionately excited about the awakening of each new day. These people are not sitting around depressed just barely alive, they are living, and most of them out loud.
Which one are you? Which one do you want to be? If you are waking up each day not inspired to throw yourself into the day and make a difference in the world, then you are not living.
Perhaps, just perhaps, you are either in the wrong field, need to move to a new place, make some better decisions, live intentionally, surround yourself with better people, eat less, and find that creative spark again. Either way, you can take control of your life and change it today.
For the sake of this world, please stop being a person who just lives, and start being someone who is living. And if you want, you can throw a little loud in there too.
Are you someone who is living or someone who is just barely alive? What are you going to do to change it? If you are someone who is living then please tell us about it.